Brought to you by Cropley’s Garden Center & Landscaping
Hey there, plant lovers!
Cropley’s Garden Center & Landscaping recognizes that a sun-drenched window sill is a luxury not all plant parents have. Fear not, because we’ve got the scoop on keeping your leafy companions flourishing in the cozier, dimmer nooks of your home. Here’s our wisdom on caring for houseplants in low light, along with our top plant picks that thrive in such conditions.
- Cropley’s Garden Center & Landscaping’s Selection for Low Light Indoor Plants:
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): A champion of the low light realm, its upright leaves stand tall in even the darkest corners.
- ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): The lustrous, emerald leaves of the ZZ plant require minimal light, making it a perfect match for shaded areas.
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): This easy-going vine is forgiving and flourishes without fuss, even in low light.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): With its soothing white blooms, the peace lily can brighten up a shaded space, both visually and atmospherically.
- Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior): It’s tough as nails and doesn’t bat a leaf at low light conditions.
- Navigating Light Levels: Learn the light patterns of your space to find the best spots for your plants.
- The Twist Technique: Rotate your plants every week to promote symmetrical growth and prevent tilting.
- Hydration Habits: With reduced light, plants drink less. Wait for the soil to dry out before watering again.
- Dust Off for Health: A clean plant is a happy plant. Dust the leaves to ensure they can absorb what light there is.
- Glowing Alternatives: Lack of sunlight can be compensated with the soft glow of grow lights.
- Feeding with Care: Go easy on the fertilizer; plants in low light won’t need much.
- Optimal Repotting: Choose a pot that’s just the right size with proper drainage to make your plant’s home as comfortable as possible.
With a bit of guidance and the perfect plant selection from Cropley’s Garden Center & Landscaping, you’re all set to transform the low-light areas of your home into lush, green retreats. Drop by and let us assist you in selecting the ideal plants for your unique space!
The Cropley’s Garden Center & Landscaping Family